First Data RP10 PIN Pad and Consumer-Facing Device
Go beyond: Chip card protection at your point-of-sale
EMV cards contain an embedded chip that validates the payment card and the identity of the person using it. This adds an important layer of security that prevents the use of counterfeit, lost or stolen cards and reduces skimming.
The RP10 PIN Pad features an ergonomic keypad, visual display prompts and lights and audio cues, which simplify the payment process. It’s an ideal solution for merchants who need to handle a high volume of small-ticket transactions and wish to be ready for future security guidelines.
• Accepts PIN-secured and signature debit cards, all major credit cards, STAR Network transactions, gift and EBT cards
• Accepts chip-and-PIN-enabled cards, magnetic stripe cards, contactless cards, mobile phone payments and key fobs
• PCI-PED Version 5.x approved
• Protected by advanced technologies, including chip- and PIN (aka EMV) technology, the First Data TransArmor® solution and one-time card number technology on certain contactless transactions, which includes STAR CertFlash™ for contactless transactions, via the STAR Network
• Open payments software that is innovation-agnostic as new payment types emerge
• Easy USB connectivity to First Data-certified terminals
• Does not require a separate power supply
• Interactive payment process with lights and audio cue
First Data advantages
The First Data RP10 PIN Pad This comprehensive device accepts PIN and signature debit cards, all major credit cards, gift and EBT cards and STAR® Network transactions.* Customers can insert their chip card into the EMV card reader, tap their contactless card or swipe a traditional card through the magnetic card reader – all without relinquishing control of their card.
In addition, the RP10 PIN Pad enables mobile phone payments that help merchants drive loyalty and repeat business by generating and redeeming special offers.